Monday 24 May 2010

Woza World Cup!


Before I came to England I hated soccer. In the words of my much beloved Auntie, "What is the purpose of grown men chasing a rubber ball up and down a field?" I couldn't see one. Till now.

On the 11 June 2010, at the Custard Factory in Birmingham, there will be a great gathering of football lovers,  "football girlfriends" and even those, like myself, who've learnt to love it. In fact I've even started to recognise players like Drogba and Anelka. Yes, I am indeed a Chelsea fan.

But I'm also a South African football fan, so I strongly advise you to head down to Birmingham on the 11th because even if you're not so crazy about football, with a braai and a line up of Southern African DJ's playing the best house music to be found in the northern hemisphere, you've got no reason not to go.   http://bit.ly/9yBZNM 

No comments:

Post a Comment